From free travel workshops to educational programs, concerts, and film screenings, HI New York City is an invaluable asset to the New York community. Our community engagement staff and volunteer corps of over 40 New Yorkers help to deliver some of the city’s best programs, activities and events, designed to bring together hostellers and local New Yorkers, inspire that next travel adventure, or encourage you to become the inspiration for someone else’s first travel steps!
HI NYC’s involvement with the community is ongoing:
- Visit our Partnerships page to learn how you can create programming with us
- Learn about HI NYC’s travel programming by joining our Meetup group, the New York Travelers Guild including workshops on how to travel on a budget
- Attend one of HI NYC’s Study Abroad 101 events and learn about options for studying abroad while getting to experience the hostel stay for themselves
- Attend HI NYC’s monthly music series Newer Sounds to see some of the hottest bands in New York performing uptown
- Join or lead one of HI NYC’s famous walking tour of your neighborhood, with free and low-cost tours every day and night
- Volunteer to lead some of HI NYC’s programming and foster your passion for intercultural understanding
- Join in HI NYC’s community service projects and help your fellow New Yorkers alongside dedicated volunteers from around the world!
For more about our community programs, reach out to HI NYC’s Community Engagement Department.