HI NYC is a cultural exchange non-profit. We seek significant relationships both in our New York City community and around the world. To do this, we offer accommodation or event space in exchange for thoughtful public programming. Space exchanges are mutually beneficial, sustainable, and meaningful.
As an organization, we love to host programming that:
- Promotes intercultural understanding by fostering positive interactions between people of diverse backgrounds
- Encourages civic engagement by working to improve our local community as a whole
- Supports global citizenship by encouraging a sustainable and positive impact both at home and abroad.
Some examples of current partnerships at HI NYC include –
- Global Sunrise Project, who share an annual photo exhibit and teach classes to our visitors about how to volunteer and create art to build awareness of global issues while traveling the world. As an exchange, we accommodate the artists during their stay in New York.
- Bloomingdale Aging in Place, a local community group who invites our hostellers to participate in activities like ice skating in Central Park and film screenings, allowing our visitors to get to know real New Yorkers, while allowing our neighbors to meet interesting international travelers. As an exchange, we welcome their community programming in our event space free of charge.
- Newer Sounds, a monthly music showcase curated by a local talent scout. He creates events for our guests, and we allow him to use our performance space free of charge.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH US ON PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT? Please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org